selling your structured settlement payments
don’t want to wait for your payments? you don’t have to!
So, you won a civil lawsuit judgement, but the payment schedule doesn’t provide the money you need, when you need it? Then you might want to consider selling your structured settlement payments to us for a lump sum – and get your cash sooner than later!
what exactly is a structured settlement, you ask?
Great question. Structured settlements are a type of annuity that allows a claimant in a lawsuit to receive their financial compensation in a series of payments over time. Structured settlements are often awarded as the result of a personal injury or wrongful death, and these payments are (usually) not subject to income taxes.
it’s your money, period.
When we purchase your structured settlement payments, it’s a cash payout, not a loan. We can process your sale quickly, and you keep every penny you get from us.* Get upfront money for your:
- Personal injury settlement
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Lottery and casino winnings
Have a question? Give us a call at 866-416-5118 for a free quote done quickly right over the phone to determine what we can offer you for your structured settlement payment stream. We’re always happy to help!
It's easy to do
We do the hard work and handle the rest of the process for you.
ready to get started?
Copies of documents we’ll need to get the process started:
- Annuity contract
- Court judgment, if applicable
- Any changes or assignment to the initial settlement
- Other documents on a case-by-case basis
annuities vs. structured settlements
Both annuities and structured settlements are financial products that can provide regular, scheduled payments to individuals. While they may seem similar on the surface, they differ significantly in terms of origin, purpose and flexibility…
- Structured settlements are typically awarded in legal cases to provide victims with regular payments.
- While you may be able to withdraw a small portion of your retirement annuity penalty-free, structured settlements offer little to no flexibility once finalized.
- On the upside, selling your structured settlement payment stream usually has no tax consequences, although you won’t receive the full value when you sell your payments (factoring companies apply discount rates which vary).
- Annuities are financial contracts purchased from insurance companies, frequently as part of a retirement plan.
- Annuity sales don’t require court approval if you purchased or inherited the annuity, however, unlike structured settlements, selling your annuity comes with tax consequences.
- On the upside, annuities are also very customizable, giving the buyer the ability to alter things like the payout length as well as adding on various riders and provisions (ideal for lottery or casino winners who prefer staggered payouts).
structured settlement cash for your needs…
Selling your structured settlement payments for an upfront lump sum can help you cover time-sensitive expenses you might not otherwise be able to manage:
home sweet home
Your dream home doesn’t have to be a dream. Use your money towards the purchase of a new home, make home improvements, or pay off your mortgage or rent.
bills be gone
Every day bills can pile up and becoming overwhelming - gas, groceries, rent, medical expenses, school and student loans, high-interest credit card bills. Your money can help you get out of debt. How great would that feel?
A car that works
Reliable transportation for your job or for your family is peace of mind. When your car breaks down, it costs you money and time - not to mention stress. Solve your transportation problems and keep life moving forward.
It’s not fair, but bad things happen to good people. Sometimes you just can’t predict that you would need money. Your situation is unique, and we are here to help you with a custom solution made just for you.
personalized, for you.
Your financial needs are unique and personal. We will work with you to make sure you get the options that best fit your situation.
- One-on-one consultation
- Customized solutions
how’s it work?
Selling your structured settlement payments requires court approval. The judge will consider the terms of the sale — whether you’re selling some of your payments, a portion of each payment or your entire structured settlement.
Additionally, factors like your living expenses, long-term finances, settlement terms, state laws, and future obligations will be considered by the judge when determining your case. On average, you’ll know if your sale is approved within 45 to 60 days.
Rest assured; once you’ve been court-approved, we have an in-house legal team that specializes in the fast processing of structured settlement purchases, so you can get your money ASAP!
money to use to bridge the gap
I need cash. What's this all about?
We buy your structured settlement for cash. If you have payments coming to you from a structured settlement or annuity, you can sell them for upfront money instead of waiting.
Can I sell part of my settlement and keep the rest?
How much money can I get?
We can provide you with a free quote that is specific to your structured settlement payment stream and your needs. Just call us and we can get started.
Why should I consider a lump sum cash option?
Your financial situation may have changed since your settlement. If you need access to cash before your payments arrive, you can get exactly the amount of money that you need by getting a lump sum. It allows you to take control of your money now.
How am I protected?
There are state and federal laws that are set up to protect you. Court approval must be obtained of your sale in accordance with your state’s laws that govern the sale of settlement payments. These state laws work in conjunction with existing federal laws, and provide clear rules for the exchange of periodic payments for a lump sum of cash. Court orders are issued ensuring that the transaction is in your best interest.
How do I get started?
It's easy! Give us a call at 866-416-5118 and we will give you a free quote on what your payments are worth. We will walk you through the process and answer any questions you have. It's that simple.
keep in mind…
In general, by selling your payments to a structured settlement purchasing company (like StoneStreet Capital), you receive a lump sum earlier than the court award schedule. But, before you can sell your structured settlement payments, be sure to consider how the sale will impact your future financial stability and speak with your independent advisors.
Additionally, while selling a structured settlement payment stream gives quick access to funds, it means getting less money overall (factoring companies apply discount rates which can vary). Fortunately, the money made from structured settlement sales is usually not taxable. However, some special cases do have tax consequences.
Think about your needs and plan carefully before deciding. We always suggest soliciting advice from experts or other financial professionals to make sure you’re doing what’s best for you.
legal protections for structured settlement holders…
Thankfully, as a structured settlement holder, you have some laws that are in effect to protect you…
- The Periodic Payment Settlement Act of 1982: The Periodic Payment Settlement Act of 1982 established a federal framework for structured settlements, ensuring both long-term financial benefits and tax-efficiency for recipients. Today, structured settlements allow injured parties settling lawsuits to receive tax-free income over a period of years, often for their entire lives.
- Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997: In the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, Congress extended the structured settlements to worker’s compensation to cover physical injuries suffered in the workplace.
what are you waiting for?
Turner, T., “Withdrawing Money from an Annuity.” Annuity.org. October 20, 2023.
Schell, J., “Annuity Beneficiaries.” Annuity.org. December 21, 2023.
Brock, T., “Annuity Riders & Contract Provisions.” Annuity.org. November 21, 2023.
Gay, L., “Sorting the tax consequences of settlements and judgments.” The Tax Advisor. July 1, 2021.
* Sales of Structured Settlement Payments are subject to Court Approval and other conditions which can take 60-90 days to complete.
Stone Street does not provide financial advice. This is a needs based transaction which requires court approval. All transactions are at our sole discretion.
We love our customers
"My experience with Stone Street Capital was an amazing one. They were willing to go over and beyond to meet my financial needs...There was not one moment that I felt unsupported by their team. What an amazing company."
"Stone Street folks were nothing but awesome to me. I found the team to be trustworthy and respectful. I would recommend them to others."
"Stone Street Capital is hands down the best company to get help from...If you don’t understand what you are doing you will after talking to them. After the process you will definitely be satisfied."
"I have worked with Stone Street for years. They are great partners, honest and work with others well. I highly recommend them."